Thursday, July 14, 2011

Weekends of Summer

I have decided to separate my 'recipe' posts and my 'what have I been doing' posts somewhat, that way if someone just wants recipes they can skip all the extra photos etc.

So, what have I been up to these past few weeks? Well, besides my part-time job there are a few things to report.

Two weekends ago we traveled down near Freemon Ohio to watch my cousin Lewis' championship baseball game. I had never seen a baseball game in its entirety before, I had always thought baseball one of the more fairly boring sports to watch. However I have since changed my mind. It could be because I just enjoyed watching my cousin (he is quite good, though I am perhaps a bit biased), but there is more that goes on in bb other than throwing hitting and catching. There were hand-signals, and communications as to formations on the field, and even a couple slides and double plays! Lewis played really well and had a couple pretty darn amazing runs, though unfortunately he was robbed of his glory due to innings ending or outs. I thoroughly enjoyed watching with my family while eating popcorn and fresh peas from the garden (not your typical baseball food, but hey, peas are good).

Spectators: Clara Margaret, Molly, Ann


















Then, last weekend we went to Vermillion Ohio for the late morning and early afternoon. Vermillion is right along a nice area of Lake Erie, known for its boats and lake access. We checked out some of the nicer wooden boats, all the while talking about how nice it would be to get out on the water in some such craft, if only we had a trailer hitch. Vermillion is a quant little spot, its no Cedarburg in terms of shop sort of stuff, but ther was a local art gallery right next to the train tracks, and some interesting historical buildings to mosey through.


don't remember what we were looking at here...



















And of course, ICE CREAM! They had a plethora of flavors, including a pomegranate fro-yo with chocolate bits that was pretty good (got to sample it). We chose Chocolate, Key-Lime, Peanut Butter Cup, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Java Chip as our flavors to eat. Not the best ice cream in the world, but certainly pretty good and it was a very hot and sunny day so ice cream was the perfect way to end our adventure.

the oldest ice cream shop in Vermillion
lip smackin'



















The rest of the weekend was spent as a lazy summer weekend should, since our mower was on the fritz and we couldn't mow (oh darn...) we enjoyed sitting on the porch sipping cool drinks and grilling. I am so happy that I get to spend such time doing 'nothing' its great!

at home, the Times
and boards for a fast approaching Tae Kwon Do test
what a life

No comments:

Post a Comment